Worker’s compensation is a form of insurance that every company covers in case you are injured at work or in the course and scope of your employment. When you’ve been injured on the job, you have a right to worker’s compensation, which includes specified weekly payment replacement and medical benefits. If you were injured on the job, let the Law Offices of Edward A. Shamis, Jr., J.D., P.C. represent you as your Slidell, Louisiana workers’ compensation attorney.
Call 985-641-5570 or toll free 800-375-5291 today for the legal advice and representation you need for your workers’ compensation case in Slidell!
When To Call a Workers Compensation Lawyer
It doesn’t matter if you’ve only been on the job for a week—if you were injured, you should be covered by your employer’s insurance plan. When you’re considering hiring a workers’ compensation attorney in Louisiana you should examine your situation closely. After your injury, call a lawyer if:
- Your workers’ compensation stops without reason.
- Your employer is requiring you to return to work, even though you have been advised be a medical professional not to.
- You feel like you are being discriminated against by your employer in your workplace because of your injury.
- You suspect that your employer had knowledge of unsafe or harmful conditions prior to your injury.
- You have been diagnosed with a chronic injury that is job related.
A consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer can give you the knowledge you need to fight back when you’ve been injured on the job.
The Law Offices of Edward A. Shamis, Jr., J.D., P.C.
We’re a group of skilled workers compensation attorneys in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana who are prepared to represent you. Ed Shamis Jr. has over 37 years of experience and is committed to your well-being. When you don’t want to settle for less than you deserve, contact us. We care about the peace of mind of every one of our Louisiana clients; that’s why we’ll always keep you up-to-date about your case.