Anytime you visit a doctor, you expect to be in the hands of an experienced professional who ensures safety and care. Giving birth is no exception, but sadly, thousands suffer with birth injuries due to medical negligence every year. Birth injuries can affect a person for the rest of their lives. Some common birth injuries are:
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Facial paralysis (due to the use of forceps during childbirth)
- Erb’s Palsy (when the head and arm are pulled in opposite directions)
- Brain injuries (due to the lack of oxygen)
Call or toll free today for the legal advice and representation you need for your medical negligence case in New Orleans!
The Shamis Law Offices of St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana have the ability to assemble a team of seasoned medical experts to help you and those you love. Whether you and/or your child suffered a birth injury as the result of medical negligence or recklessness, we are here to help you seek justice.
How to Select a Birth Injury Lawyer
Birth injuries are any injury suffered by mother and/or child during pregnancy or delivery. When you suspect medical negligence was the cause of a birth injury, it’s important to speak with an experienced Slidell, Louisiana birth injury lawyer right away. Here are some tips for choosing a birth injury lawyer in St. Tammany Parish:
- Find a birth injury lawyer from a friend or through a recommendation. The best lawyers to work with are competent in their field and who you feel comfortable working with.
- Weight testimonials and previous client reviews heavily. A good medical negligence lawyer will be able to supply references upon request.
- Consider the lawyer’s credentials, experience and reputation.
- Make sure you are comfortable sharing information and working with your attorney.